GBS enters Genoa

first_imgThe Mediterranean office will act as the hub of all GBS routes connecting Florida, the Caribbean, Northern Europe and the Far East.”Together with the existing offices in Fort Lauderdale, Vancouver and Hamburg, we have assembled an outstanding team of dedicated and experienced professionals who understand the market needs and deliver dependable and consistent services,” said Christian van Hoorn, managing director of GBS.”GBS has been active in Europe for more than ten years and established a very solid reputation in the yacht transport industry,” added Terzi. “They have a clear vision for the future and about how to deliver the necessary services to clients.”  www.gbs-yachttransport.comlast_img

More Crown courts to allow pre-recorded video evidence

first_imgAll Crown courts will be equipped by the end of the year to let vulnerable victims and witnesses give pre-recorded evidence, the government said today.Vulnerable witnesses and victims are defined as all child witnesses under 18 and any witness whose quality of evidence is likely to be diminished due to a mental disorder or physical disability, or their intelligence and social functioning is significantly impaired.Pre-recorded evidence is already available at 18 Crown courts across the country. From today, it will be available at all Crown courts in London and Kent, Basildon, Chelmsford and Stafford. The Ministry of Justice says the new service will be available in every Crown court by the end of the year.Judges will decide pre-recorded evidence on a case-by-case basis. The recording is carried out as close to the time of the offence as possible. Defence and prosecution lawyers, the judge and the defendant will be present in court during the pre-recording.Justice minister Alex Chalk said: ‘Vulnerable victims show great courage by coming forward, and it’s vital they can do so in the least traumatic way possible. This technology ensures they are protected and are able to give their best possible evidence, without reducing a defendant’s right to a fair trial.’The ministry said in today’s announcement that a Primark security guard from Kingston-upon-Thames was jailed last year after the four girls he sexually assaulted gave their evidence in a pre-recorded session prior to the trial.Dame Vera Baird, Victims’ Commissioner, welcomed the latest development. She said: ‘I have long been concerned that children who complained of victimisation should not spend a long part of their childhood beset with the worry of ultimately giving an account of what happened. If they can give their evidence at an early stage, they will then be free to get on with their lives. There is also a further point that therapy is often delayed whilst a complainant is a witness.’The ministry also mentioned that technology has been piloted for victims of sexual or modern slavery offences, in Liverpool, Leeds and Kingston-upon-Thames, which could be extended to other courts pending the pilot evaluation.last_img read more

LMWD board member resigns

first_img Share By ESTEVAN MEDRANOPort Isabel-South Padre Presspress@portisabelsouthpadre.comJanuary 22, 2015Nancy Martinez, member of the Laguna Madre Water District Board, has submitted her Letter of Resignation less than two months after being sworn in following a narrow victory over John Thobe for the position in the November election. The board officially accepted the document of notification January 8 at a formal meeting. Martinez cites personal reasons for the decision to part ways with the board, feeling she would not have the time needed to commit to the office after accepting a job position in Lubbock.This resignation would also allow her to be closer to her son who is attending school, according to Carlos Galvan, LMWD general manager. Galvan assured the public that the board can and will still perform with efficiency, making significant decisions, and serving the area despite the open office seat.“The board will continue to function as it should until we appoint a representative to the position,” Galvan said. He went on to say that no one has officially been chosen yet, but encourages anyone in the community who feels they can serve the area for the better to consider being a part of the board. “The board is open-minded if anyone is interested in the position.”As required by state law, the board has 90 days to appoint someone to occupy the position.Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of the Port Isabel-South Padre Press, or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here. RelatedLMWD searches for new finance directorBy DINA ARÉVALO Port Isabel-South Padre Press editor@portisabelsouthpadre.com The Laguna Madre Water District (LMWD) has begun its search for a new director of finance this week. “She’s no longer with the district,” said General Manager Carlos Galvan of Sanjuana Garcia, who served as the district’s finance director for just over two…December 15, 2017In “News”Water district bids adieu to CantuBy PAMELA CODY Special to the PRESS The Laguna Madre Water District Board of Directors said farewell to one of its members as they accepted the resignation of Martin Cantu, Jr. during a regular meeting Wednesday. Cantu was not present, but Chairman Jeff Keplinger recognized Cantu, saying, “We appreciate Mr.…May 27, 2016In “News”Cantu appointed to LMWD boardBy ESTEVAN MEDRANO and DINA ARÉVALO Port Isabel-South Padre Press press@portisabelsouthpadre.com The Laguna Madre Water District welcomed their newest board member Martin Cantu Jr., who was appointed and sworn in Feb. 11 as the replacement for Nancy Martinez. Martin, a product of the University of Texas at Brownsville, was selected among…March 8, 2015In “News”last_img read more

Parish youths dominate state archery tournament

first_imgRussell Hedgesrhedges@bossierpress.com Premier Diamond BoutiqueHong Kong’s first lab-grown diamond empirePremier Diamond Boutique|SponsoredSponsoredUndoInstant Voice TranslatorInstant Voice Translator (43 Languages) Takes Hong Kong By StormInstant Voice Translator|SponsoredSponsoredUndoPerfect-Dating.comAre You Ready to Meet Cool Guys in Tung Chung?Perfect-Dating.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystBlockchain Is Changing the Game for Trade Financing. Here’s How It’s Driving Future Global Trade.StanChart by CNBC Catalyst|SponsoredSponsoredUndoStrategyCombatIf you own a Computer, then you have to play this Game. No Install.StrategyCombat|SponsoredSponsoredUndoDating.comThe Most Handsome Guys In Hong Kong On This Dating SiteDating.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndo Bossier Parish students dominated the state archery tournament Saturday in Alexandria.Parish schools swept the top three spots in the Middle School Division.Benton Middle won the title with 3,258 points followed by Cope with 3,164 and Haughton Middle with 3,093.Benton Elementary won the Elementary School Division with 3,198 points.Benton High was runner-up in the High School Division with 2,898 points. Bossier finished third with 2,869. Caddo Magnet won it with 3,165.Benton Elementary swept the top five spots in its division.Jazmine Young was the state champion with 277 points, edging Lake Bradford by four points and third-place Josh Farris by six.Kaitlyn Masters and Carly Van Buskirk finished fourth and fifth, respectively.Zach Roppolo of Cope won the Middle School state title with 286 points.Benton’s Kendall Orms and Kendall Fowler finished a close second and third, respectively. Orms was one point behind Roppolo and Fowler two.Haughton’s Raygen Shellgrove took fifth with 277 points.Benton’s Gabe Fradella captured the High School title with 280 points, six better than Matthew Gideon of Caddo Magnet.last_img read more

Photo gallery: Parkway vs. Acadiana

first_imgTop Expat InsuranceExpat Living in Hong Kong without Health Insurance?Top Expat Insurance|SponsoredSponsoredUndoTheTopFiveVPNThe Secret Netflix Doesn’t Want You To Know To Unblock RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPN|SponsoredSponsoredUndoCelebsland.com9 Celebrity Before-And-After Plastic Surgery DisastersCelebsland.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndoPerfect-Dating.comAre You Ready to Meet Cool Guys in Tung Chung?Perfect-Dating.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndoTheTopFiveVPNThe Trick Netflix Doesn’t Want You To Know To Unlock RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPN|SponsoredSponsoredUndoAspireAbove.comRemember Abby from NCIS? Take A Deep Breath Before You See How She Looks NowAspireAbove.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndo Images from Friday’s Class 5A second-round playoff game between Parkway and Acadiana at Preston Crownover Stadium (includes halftime performance). Parkway won 55-28.last_img read more

Patriots to wear “DSB” helmet decals next week in honor of Don Brocher, their equipment manager of 41 years who recently passed from leukemia

first_img 64 Share on other sites 20 All Activity 0 Share on other sites 2,271 Link to post Patriots to wear “DSB” helmet decals next week in honor of Don Brocher, their equipment manager of 41 years who recently passed from leukemia Link to post Location:St. Petersburg, FL ThorSkaagi Patriots to wear “DSB” helmet decals next week in honor of Don Brocher, their equipment manager of 41 years who recently passed from leukemia ThorSkaagi Members Sports Logo News ThorSkaagi because Don Brocher has been with the team 41 years 2,271 raysox Posted January 6, 2013 Share this post This topic is now closed to further replies. Let’s see if Brocher’s ghost can help the Pats win a playoff game like Myra Kraft did when she blew Billy Cundiff’s ball last year. Link to post 20 Joshawaggie Sports Logos 2,271 Recommended Posts $1 Cans of PBR Location:St. Petersburg, FL 12,366 posts Posted January 6, 2013 Go To Topic Listing Share on other sites Location:Denver, Colo. Share this post 142 Posted January 6, 2013 572 posts Members 4,212 Posted January 6, 2013 64 raysox 1 572 posts Share on other sites Share on other sites 1,171 posts Posted January 6, 2013 Embracing the suck. Joshawaggie dgthree 20 Location:Denver, CO Share this post Link to post Members 2,271 SportsLogos.Net 0 raysox 0 Share this post 31,030 posts Location:Lansing Share this post Cujo Patriots to wear “DSB” helmet decals next week in honor of Don Brocher, their equipment manager of 41 years who recently passed from leukemia Sign in to follow this   sᴘᴏʀᴛsʙᴀʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛᴇʀ SportsLogos.Net 2,271 64 raysox 64 Share this post Link to post Let’s see if Brocher’s ghost can help the Pats win a playoff game like Myra Kraft did when she blew Billy Cundiff’s ball last year.She’s doing it all wrong. Location:SPAMTOWN, MN 0 64 142 Wait, flying Elvis is over 14 years old, so why is pat on the sticker?I think you misread the title. 41 years, not 14.OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Yep, that’s it ahhaha. Share on other sites 4,212 Wait, flying Elvis is over 14 years old, so why is pat on the sticker?I think you misread the title. 41 years, not 14. $1 Cans of PBR Sports Logos 142 Location:Denver, CO Posted January 6, 2013 Members 4,212 0 Wait, flying Elvis is over 14 years old, so why is pat on the sticker? 2,271 Link to post Cujo 11,718 posts Members Followers 0 0 12,366 posts dgthree Members Sports Logo News By ThorSkaagi, January 6, 2013 in Sports Logo News All Activity Link to post Members I love it. Forums Home Followers 0 Share this post Sign in to follow this   64 Forums Home ThorSkaagi Share on other sites Posted January 6, 2013last_img read more

Smith arrives late; Jayadev Unadkat likely to lead Rajasthan Royals

first_imgRajasthan Royals are likely to be led by pacer Jayadev Unadkat in the 13th season of the IPL. It is learned that Unadkat will be given the captaincy in the wake of Australia captain Steve Smith’s delay in joining the team. Unadkat will lead the team in the first few matches as well. As soon as Smith arrives, the captaincy will be handed over to him.Read Also : Sanju arrives in Mumbai; Will be returning to UAE for IPL soonThere will be no Australia or England players with the teams in the first week of the IPL. The Rajasthan Royals will be the hardest hit. Smith has been named in the Australia squad for the tour of England. The England squad has not been announced but will feature Joffre Archer, Jose Butler and Ben Stokes in the series.The series consists of 3 T20s and one ODI. The series ends on September 16. The IPL will start on the 19th. However, the players will have to complete a 6-day quarantine when they arrive in the UAE after the tour. Only then can they join the respective teams.Jayadev Unadkat was the captain of Saurashtra who won the Ranji Trophy for the first time in history.Read Also : Rajasthan Royals fielding coach KovidThe IPL will be held in the UAE from September 19 to November 10. There will be 53 matches and 10 double headers in five cities. The evening matches will start at 7.30 pm (UAE time 6). The IPL matches scheduled for March 29 were extended indefinitely after Kovid.Story Highlights – Jaydev Unadkat to Lead Rajasthan Royals in Steve Smith’s Absence News you want to knowIn your Facebook Feedlast_img read more

Will Guyana have a replay screen in time, if at all?

first_imgWith the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s World T20 exactly a month away, there is no word on the progress as it relates to the acquisition of the replay screen for the Guyana matches set to be hosted at the Providence National Stadium. Calls to Minister of Social Cohesion with Responsibility for Culture, Youth and Sport, Dr. George Norton, as well as to the Public Relations Unit of the ministry remained unanswered while the same was the case with the Director of Sport, Christopher Jones.Seeking some clarification from the Guyana Cricket Board on the issue, Secretary of the Board, Anand Sanasie opted not to comment. It was reported in January of this year by the Department of Public Information that a private investor was collaborating with the government to acquire the said screen while Jones had stated that it is a requirement to have such screen in order to host these matches.Minister George Norton“The replay screen is directly going to be financed by the private sector. There is somebody from the private sector who has undertaken to do so,” the minister had stated. “The replay screen, we are working on that. The Director of Sport, Christopher Jones indicated to me that with a representative from the Ministry of Finance we are working to see if we can acquire it for the upcoming cricket,” General Manager of the National Stadium, Anthony Xavier pointed out adding…. “The screen we are hoping to get also gives scores giving a combination of a replay screen and a scoreboard and is the latest in the replay screen editions out of India.”Now, nine months later, according to a usually reliable source, Minister Norton approached Cabinet only recently to purchase the screen with the sum being approved in excess of $10 million dollars.But this information suggest that it would ‘be playing it close to the chest’ since the time to purchase, ship and install will take roughly around a month unless air shipped. One wonders whether the private individual who was initially going to assist has opted out of the agreement.Should Guyana not purchase a replay screen of its own, this will be one of the latest example of the government’s neglect of sports.last_img read more

Olympic Council of Ireland announces aquatics and equestrian athletes for Rio 2016

first_imgToday’s formal selections for equestrian cover the disciplines of dressage, eventing and show jumping. In aquatics, formal selections were made for three swimmers and, for the first time since 1948, an Irish diver, Oliver Dingley, will compete at the Olympic Games. These additions to Team Ireland bring the total number of selected athletes for Rio 2016 to 50 from 10 sports. Olympic Council of Ireland announces aquatics and equestrian athletes for Rio 2016 Tags: Olympic Council of Ireland announces aquatics and equestrian athletes for Rio 2016 Further formal announcements are to be made in athletics and boxing, whilst the sports still to be added to the final team are cycling, golf, hockey and hopefully rugby. Kevin Kilty, Team Ireland’s Chef de Mission for Rio 2016, said: DressageJudy Reynolds with Vancouver K Swim IrelandFiona Doyle – Women’s 100m BreaststrokeOliver Dingley – Men’s 3m Springboard DivingNicholas Quinn – Men’s 200m BreaststrokeShane Ryan – Men’s 100m Backstroke Home  »  Featured News  »  Olympic Council of Ireland announces aquatics and equestrian athletes for Rio 2016 Eventing TeamClare Abbott with Euro PrinceJonty Evans with Cooley Rorke’s DriftMark Kyle with JemillaPadraig McCarthy with either Simon Porloe or Bernadette Utopia, ENDS 16 June 2016 – Dublin, Ireland: The Olympic Council of Ireland (OCI) is today delighted to announce jointly with Horse Sport Ireland and Swim Ireland, that a further 10 athletes have been selected to represent Team Ireland at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Show JumpingGreg Broderick and MHS Going Global the first time that an Irish golfer will competethe first time since 1948 that an Irish diver will competethe first time since 1948 that a team sport is being contested with men’s hockeythe first time Team Ireland will enter three boats in rowingthe first time that an Irish woman will compete in gymnastics The fourth group of selected athletes is made up of: “With Team Ireland comprising so many different sports, Rio 2016 will be one of the most diverse and exciting Olympic Games for our athletes. As we hit 50 days to go the public are now really getting behind the team and supporting all the athletes.” There will be a number of firsts for Team Ireland at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, including: Travelling Reserve: Camilla Speirs with Portersize Just A Jiff For more information:Contact: Nick Dawes, Olympic Council of IrelandTelephone: +447557435851 Horse Sport Ireland 16 June 2016, 16:41last_img read more

Celine Dion unveils brand new collaboration with…Deadpool?

first_img20th Century Fox/Denise Truscello(LOS ANGELES) —  After teasing new music on her socials, Celine Dion has released a new ballad called “Ashes.”  As so many of her ballads are, it’s from a movie soundtrack.  Except this movie is — Deadpool 2.Celine gave an exclusive peek of the video to Good Morning America before releasing the entire clip online.  It begins with a familiar sight: Celine on stage, under a dramatic spotlight, belting out the song.Then, from behind the curtain, a graceful dancer in high heels strides out. It’s Deadpool, in his trademark red-and-black super-suit, save the stilettos.As the song swells, clips from the superhero movie sequel are shown, intercut with Deadpool performing all kinds of balletic moves, which makes us doubt that Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds was the one inside the costume for those shots.Eventually, Celine ends the song, so moved that she’s lying on the floor. “That was amazing!” says Deadpool, who’s now sitting in the audience. “We need to do it again!”“OK,” says Celine.  “Why?”“It was too good,” DP notes. “This isn’t Titanic. This is Deadpool 2. You’re at an 11. We need you at a five, five-and-a-half, tops. Just phone it in.”“This thing,” Dion says, gesturing to her voice, “only goes to 11! So beat it, Spider-Man!”Deadpool then mumbles under his breath, “I knew I should have gotten *NSNYC.”Deadpool 2 opens May 18.  “Ashes” is available now.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Relatedlast_img read more