The Borough is partaking in that planning process by examining their job openings. Navarre said in his borough update that anytime changes are proposed in tax structures, there will likely be community push-back however it is a necessary discussion in fiscally strained times. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai Peninsula Borough is in good shape financially according to Mayor Mike Navarre in his annual borough update; nevertheless, he says local and state agencies must plan their way through Alaska’s current fiscal crisis in order to avoid an economic crisis, which is harder to deal with. Mayor Navarre asks that Kenai Peninsula residents also communicate their desire for a state fiscal plan via letters or emails to Alaskan Legislators before they enter the next legislative budget cycle. At this time there are no proposals to raise or change property tax codes. In 2014, 84% of the General Fund Revenues collected by the Borough were from property and sales taxes. Mayor Navarre: “We have people who retire or leave, leave employment at the borough for a number of reasons and what we’ve asked our directors to do within their departments is when they have vacant positions, don’t just assume that they’re going to be filled, let’s take a look at it, analyze a need for it like what their responsibilities are and make a determination about whether or not it could be combined into another job or whether it’s necessary to replace that position.” As we’ve been reporting, the Borough is also examining how to lower local healthcare costs through a task force and conducting a complete tax code overhaul in order to examine revenues. Any recommendations from either the Healthcare Task Force or administrators working on the tax overhaul will have to be approved by the Borough Assembly.
Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Skip 1080p HD 360p About Connatix V56490 Football:Big Lake 39, Apollo 22Boy’s Soccer:Bemidji 1, Sartell 0Tech 8, Cathedral 1Girl’s Soccer:Sartell 3, Little Falls 0 720p HD Auto (360p) About Connatix V56490 1/1
Suresh RainaOpener Shane Watson has admitted that the departure of Suresh Raina was a major setback for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. Watson says finding a replacement for Raina is a daunting task.But other IPL Watson said the Chennai Super Kings are as strong as the teams. Watson has been with Chennai for the last two seasons. While Raina’s absence is annoying, Watson believes it’s a golden opportunity for the other batsmen on the team. Watson believes that batsmen like Murali Vijay will get more chances.This is Murali Vijay who did not get much chance In the IPL Watson thinks he can prove his worth. Murali is a star who had to sit on the sidelines last year. Raina’s absence will be a blessing in disguise for Watson, who has been hailed as the best batsman in the world.You may also like:Kovid result negative; Deepak Chahar will join the Chennai team Raina, who came to the UAE for the IPL, left the IPL for personal reasons and returned to India. After Raina, Harbhajan Singh also left the IPL and returned to India.Chennai Super Kings are facing many challenges in this IPL. The withdrawal of Resh Raina and Harbhajan Singh and the confirmation of Kovid for 13 had put Chennai in crisis. The good news for the team is the return of pacer Deepak Chahar Kovid.However, the Chennai Super Kings are yet to decide who will replace Raina and Harbhajan. Both are the most experienced players in the history of the IPL.You may also like:IPL 2020 | Quarantine expired; Mumbai Indians started training So finding replacements for both will be a big headache for the team. The absence of Raina and Harbhajan is likely for Murali Vijay and Piyush Chawla.The first match of the IPL, which starts on September 19, is between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings. The tournament lasts for 53 days in three venues in the UAE. Published by:Naseeba TC First published:September 10, 2020 1:25 PM IS
LIVERPOOL, England, (Reuters) – Bayern Munich showed all their Champions League experience and quality organisation as they held Liverpool to a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their last 16 match at Anfield yesterday in a game of few chances and little drama. But the result leaves it all to play for in the second leg in Munich on March 13 when the German side will be without defender Joshua Kimmich who will be suspended after picking up a yellow card.Perhaps it was a case of both sides showing too much respect for the other — certainly both were wary of over-committing in attack — but for fans used to entertainment and drama on European nights at Anfield it was a let down.“It is not the result or the game we dreamed of,” said Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp. “I can’t remember any chances for either side in the second half. It wasn’t a Champions League night from that point of view. From a result point of view, it’s OK.”It is no accident that Bayern have reached the semi-finals of this competition in six of the last seven seasons and they showed their pragmatic calmness to subdue Liverpool’s normally lively front three.“I can’t remember too many clubs who have avoided defeat and kept a clean sheet here,” said Bayern coach Niko Kovac. “The fact that we managed to restrict them to very few chances shows that we played very well tactically as well as technically.”Mohamed Salah, the man Liverpool look to for moments of inspiration, to create a goal out of nothing, had a night to forget with one of his poorest displays in this competition.Liverpool simply could not find the fluency and rhythm that brings the best out of their forward line although they will be pleased, in the absence of their defensive rock Virgil van Dijk, to have kept out Bayern. Key to that rearguard resilience was the performance from Brazilian midfielder Fabinho, who deputised well in the central-defensive role keeping Bayern’s scoring threat Robert Lewandowski quiet.In midfield, Jordan Henderson delivered an excellent display, especially in the opening 45 minutes, when he broke up Bayern’s attempts to create and also contributed some drive to Liverpool’s forward thrusts.HALF-CHANCES There were few clear-cut chances in the game although Liverpool created several half-openings in the first period. The first was one of the best they managed — Henderson found Salah, who had snuck in behind Niklas Sule, but the Egyptian’s toe-poke at full stretch was straight at Manuel Neuer.At the other end, Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker had to be alert to keep out a mis-hit clearance from Joel Matip that hit him in the chest.Kingsley Coman fired into the side-netting after a sloppy give away from Alisson but that was a rare sign of jitters from either defence.Bayern were content to sit deep after the break and the closest Klopp’s side came in the second half was a diving header from Sadio Mane in the 86th minute which Neuer pushed around the post. This was not a night that will go in the list of great European encounters at Anfield, a fact reflected in a rather flat atmosphere for much of the game, but Liverpool know they still have a chance to progress.“You’re playing an experienced team. They’ve been here and done it for five or six years,” said left back Andy Robertson.“We’ve kept a clean sheet, could’ve scored a couple of goals but the tie is well and truly alive. If we score there it’s crucial.”
The Kakata Magisterial Court has charged six persons with multiple crimes ranging from criminal conspiracy, theft of property, criminal facilitation to aiding consummation of crime.Those charged by the court have been identified by a Writ of Arrest as David Massaquoi, Anthony Tamba, Varney Kamara, Smith A. Fofana, Fallah Killa and Junior Harris. According to the Writ, the six suspects were arrested based on a complaint filed by the Human Safety and Environment Department Manager of the Chinese Company, the China Chongqing International Construction Corporation (CICO), to the Crime Services Department (CSD) of the Liberia National Police (LNP).Kelvin Clarke, in his complaint, alleged that the defendants on November 24 stole more than 58 pieces of road safety signs valued at US$20,000, erected along the Monrovia-Kakata highway, which they sold to a scrap dealer in Kakata.Prior to the arrests, officers of the Police CSD discovered the aluminum sheets, which were attached to the road safety signs, at a local blacksmith’s shop in Kakata. It is alleged that coal pots were being made out of the safety signs.During police preliminary investigations, the defendants allegedly confessed to stealing the road safety signs from in late November and said they sold each of them for L$300.Meanwhile, the suspects have been detained at the Kakata Central Prison pending trial at the Kakata Magisterial Court.–LINAShare this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)